July 16, 2023
We’re pleased to be ISO 27001, 9001 and 14001 certified. Whilst certifications aren’t the most exciting part of what we do, they’re extremely important to us and our customers, and prove that we’re really doing what we say we are in very important areas.
ISO 27001 - Security
ISO 27001 is an international standard for managing information securely. It demonstrates that we are committed to providing additional security measures beyond the limits of legal requirements.
Whilst most businesses will have some degree of security measures in place, ISO 27001 certifies that we commit to systematically examine security risks, taking account of the threats, vulnerabilities, and impacts; implementing a comprehensive suite of information security controls; and adopt ongoing processes to ensure that all information security controls continue to meet your security needs.
This new ISO certification now sits alongside our two other certifications. We currently also have ISO 9001 which is an international standard that specifies requirements for quality management systems and ISO 14001 which is an international standard that specifies requirements for effective environmental management.
ISO 9001 - Quality Management
ISO 9001 is the world’s most recognised quality management system standard. To be certified, we have to demonstrate:
- Our ability to consistently provide products and services that meet customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements
- That we’re aiming to enhance customer satisfaction through the effective application of a quality management system
- The processes for improvement of the system and the assurance of conformity to customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
Basically, it makes sure that we’re providing great services and working hard to improve our processes for our customers.
ISO 14001 - Environmental Management
ISO 14001 is all about setting out the requirements for an effective environmental management system, and it’s a clear way for us to set out our commitment to the environment.
The certification helps us to continuously improve our environmental management, looking at elements like the following:
- Assess and regularly re-assess the environment effects of our activities
- Train our employees in environmental issues
- Minimise our production of waste, material wastage and energy wastage
- Ensure that our environmental objectives are established and are compatible with the strategic direction of Startle
Being environmentally aware is very important to us as a brand, so getting ISO 14001 certified was an obvious step. Luckily, we offset all of our emissions with Ecologi, and we actively look for other actions we can take to make our footprint as small as possible.
These certifications aren’t quick and easy to get - rightfully so. So we’re very proud to have them.
Want to hear more?
Unless certifications like these are your thing, these issues can be pretty complex to get your head around, so if you’d like to hear more about any of the above, please get in touch and we’d be delighted to talk more about them.